The Subtle Art of Making a Change in Your Life
The Subtle Art of Making A Change In Your Life
Change is in the Air. With the leaves and weather changing, therefore, Fall is a great time to make a change within yourself. Whether you are trying to make a change in your life like saving money, exercising, or starting your own business, the time to start is now. Who says that you have to wait until New Year’s Day?
Making a change in your life does not need to be a huge undertaking. Additionally, sometimes when you try to make a change we make it so difficult that we give up on it too quickly.
Psychologist and researcher, B.J. Fogg has studied behavior change for more than 20 years. In fact, he says that doing something you don’t enjoy and failing to make it a habit is more damaging to making a change than doing nothing at all. Furthermore, Fogg says that we should identify easy-win behaviors, called “tiny habits”. These tiny habits are designed to blend easily into your daily routine. Eventually, they will become automatic.
According to Fogg, Tiny Habits as a behavior that:
- Is Done once a day
- Takes Less Than 30 Seconds
- Needs Little Effort
Design your life to minimize the reliance on willpower. ~ B.J. Fogg
Therefore, small changes lead to bigger changes. So, What’s your small change going to be?
Don’t know where to start? Here are 10 Tiny Habits that you could start immediately:
- After I sit down on the train, I will open my journal.
- After I brush my teeth, I will floss one tooth.
- After I walk through the door, I will hang up my keys.
- After I put my head on the pillow, I will think of one thing I am grateful for.
- After I start the car, I will take a deep breath & exhale for 2 seconds.
- After I start my morning coffee, I will set out my vitamins.
- After I start the dishwasher, I will wipe down one kitchen counter.
- After I sit on the bus, I will open my sketch book.
- After I walk out the door, I will stretch I arms over my head.
- After I look into the mirror, I will smile.
For more tips to save more and spend less, check out our other posts .
Check out the Store to find Quality Brand items at discounted prices.
THE ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Describes a technique designed to develop creative thinking and provide a mechanism for organizing projects, breaking writer's block, and brainstorming