Household expenses can be such a chore.
They can also deplete your bank account and leave you deflated. Here are some ideas on how you can save money on those pesky household expenses and have more cash on hand for some breathing room or just for fun!
- Cut Back on TV expenses. – Check out some of the streaming options like Netflix, Hulu, or specific channels like CBS. If you love your cable channels like Food Network or HBO, Dish and DirectTV have streaming options for a lot less than cable. Cut the Cord for More Money in your household budget!
- Lower the thermostat in the Winter and raise it in the Summer.
- Unplug appliances and turn off lights when not in use to save on your electric bill.
- Lower the temperature on the hot water heater.
- Lower Your Cell Phone bill by comparing other providers. There is so much competition out there, you might get a better price from another company…Or talk to your current company to see how they can lower your bill. It doesn’t hurt to ask to gain more money in the bank.
- Reduce Insurance Premiums. Do your due diligence and compare quotes with reputable companies. Comparing your current coverage may provide some major savings. Go online and start quoting!
- Compare mortgage rates to see if you can lower your mortgage payments.
- There will always be things in life that we need to buy from the store. Whether it’s clothes for work or school, groceries, or presents for family and friends, make sure that you check for any coupons, sales or deals. Not paying full price is always a savings!
- Do It Yourself Home Repair. Learn how to fix things yourself. That way you’re not paying labor fees. Call trusted professionals for electrical and plumbing to prevent unwanted issues.
- Eat more at home. Let’s face it…eating out may be more convenient, but it is way more expensive. Plus, you won’t be spending money on gas.
- Speaking of eating at home…Plan your meals. Make weekly or monthly menus and shop for them so you have all the ingredients in the house. Also, prep meals in advance for the week during the weekend (or whatever day of the week is least busy for you) so that you have less to worry about on those hectic, crazy days.
- Cancel subscriptions…All subscriptions…magazines, subscription boxes, jelly of the month, etc…these are monthly expenditures that you probably do not need right now, especially if you are trying to cut down on household expenses.
- Check your bills. All the time. There may be fees and charges that you are paying for that you don’t know about.
- Pay bills on-time. More than likely companies apply fees to your bill if you are late. These fees will add up over time. You could be spending that money on something more enjoyable.
For more tips to save more and spend less, check out our other posts .